Saturday, June 12, 2010

25 Random REL facts

A while ago there was this short lived yet highly contagious phenomenon on Facebook called something like '25 random things about me'. I liked the concept but for the life of me could not figure out the note format, or whatever it was, to do my own. I really enjoyed reading others lists. They reminded me of those emails people used to send with the random questions. The sender would have answered them for themselves, then sent out the questions to others, who would read the sender's answers then write their own. I really loved those. I always enjoyed taking a few minutes to read others responses and then think about something totally random that I may not have thought about before (how does your toilet paper roll roll- over or under, what is your favourite sound, favourite smell, etc).

I realize that there is a little 'but enough about me, let's talk about me' component to me listing facts about myself on my own blog. But, at the end of the day, it's my blog, and I offer it as a moment for you to think about your own 25 random facts. I actually had a lot of fun coming up with what I wanted to share. And without further ado, I present to you my little exercise in narcissism or, some random factoids about yours truly.

1. Ever since I was a kid, long before Disney borrowed my name for The Little Mermaid, I have always wanted to be able to breathe under water so I could swim with dolphins and whales.
2. I don't wear matching socks.
3. I collect old coins, specifically pennies. The oldest one I have is from 1921.
4. Large groups of birds, specifically ducks, scare the crap out of me. It's all about the eyes...those beady little unreadable eyes.
5. I would love to write and illustrate children's books someday.
6. I love lists (shocking, I know).
7. When asked who would play me in a movie, I usually say Janeane Garofalo.
8. However, my true movie equivalent is Rhino the Hamster.
9. If I could only eat the same thing every day, I would choose hummus and tabbouleh.
10. Dancing in the rain= FULLY AWESOME.
11. My name means God's Lion.
12. I love comics and graphic novels. Sometimes I think I am a 15 year old dude trapped in 31 year old woman's body.
13. While I have a very high tolerance for all things gory, I can't stomach injuries to feet.
14. I had an eyebrow piercing a few years ago, but felt it was time to remove it when it was grabbed by a toddler. It didn't come out, but man, that was some pretty amazing pain.
15. I am the oldest of 8 siblings. They all inspire me in ways they don't even know.
16. Coming up with this list was more challenging than I thought it would be.
17. I have a book of sudoku that I keep next to my bed. Doing them at bedtime is really relaxing.
18. We don't have a TV in our house. And we LOVE it.
19. In honour of my name's definition, I have a tribal lion tattoo that I designed myself.
20. I have never been able to really sleep in, my body has a built in spring system, and seems to have a limit of how many hours it can handle laying down. The max seems to be 9 hours, though on a couple of rare occasions, out of sheer exhaustion, I did actually sleep for 11 hours.
21. I lived in Australia for a year in college. I loved it there and still miss Sydney.
22. I love looking up music from movies, and to date think the movie O'Horten has one of the best scores I've ever heard. The movie itself was also fantastic.
23. Corelli's Mandolin is one of my most favourite books. I read it at least once a year.
24. I look forward to being a momma for many many many reasons, one of them is I can't wait to hear what my kid's laugh will sound like.
25. I totally had coffee this morning... Caffeine free lifestyle FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment