Sunday, December 18, 2011

Movie Moment- The Muppets (2011)

The latest Muppets movie should really be called Nostalgia Center. What a delicious trip down memory lane. As we entered the movie theater, there was a woman going in with her grandkids. She seemed surprised that we were going in without kids. I was more surprised when she said this was her first Muppet anything.

For James and me, it was a reunion. I haven't watched a lot of muppetry over the years and I was reminded with this movie how much I love them and what an integral part they were of my childhood. I'm not gonna lie- there were a few choked up tears when Kermit sings The Rainbow Connection.

One of the strengths of the Muppets over the years is their ability to not take themselves too seriously. There are a few moments where the characters mention something about the movie process itself. Hilarious.

Also, you get to see Chris Cooper rap. That alone makes it worth going.

This movie is easily 9/10. With a fresh look through a modern lens but still bringing the loving snark that made them popular in the first place, this movie is a blast and a reminder of just how awesome the Muppets are, and how important they've been for people over the years.

Go visit these old friends, introduce them to your kids (they'll love Fozzie's fart shoes).

Wocka Wocka Wocka. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment