Sunday, January 22, 2012

2 songs that lift my heart

My friend John is an amazing musician and fellow nursing school survivor/new NP. Through our time in school together he would make me mix CDs. I discovered a lot of new favourite songs this way over the last 3 years. As I sift through paperwork on this wintery Sunday and get ready for the week there are 2 songs from his most recent mix CD that I find I am listening to over and over.

The first- Boa Sorte/Good luck by Vanessa da Mata featuring Ben Harper. I have loved Ben Harper for a long time and had not heard of Vanessa da (or de, I'm not sure, I've seen both spellings) Mata before this song. I think I need to hear more of her stuff now that I know about her. This song is so beautiful.

The second- Go Do by Jonsi. Also a new artist for me. This song starts off kind of whimsical sounding, like something I would expect to find at Willy Wonka's factory. But then it levels out and while a little hard to understand at times, does share a simple message- just go do.

Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment