Monday, October 25, 2010

Wedding in the rearview or the memory haze of awesome

This post is dedicated to my friend Michelle, a recently engaged woman whose excitement and enthusiasm around wedding planning helps keep me in the happy wedding mode. I can't wait to share your stories too:)

Over the last 2 weeks since the wedding, I've had many wonderful moments of reflecting back on a day that I can easily say was one of the happiest days of my life.

The thing is, I can't remember that much of it. I have a few key moments imprinted (like my cousins playing the processional/recessional music, the ring exchange and most of the service, the speeches, to name a few) but for the most part it is this big blur of happy.

It feels like I am looking in a rear-view mirror but can only see in one corner of the mirror.

James and I have reflected together and come up with the same phenomenon. We both had an AMAZING time... and can remember only bits and pieces. Then we started talking to other people and more concrete details started to crystallize from the haze. The mirror started showing us more.

Seeing pictures (mainly from family and friends) has also shown more of the pieces, and I can't wait to see the 'official' pictures too.

In my mere 14 days of post wedding bliss, I've realized a highly challenging part of being at your own wedding. You invite all of these people that you love and want to share this momentous day with and then literally spend 5 minutes with each of them... 7 if there is a lull.

Because of this, your guests not only serve as witnesses to your nuptials but they are also imperative in helping you create the memories of the day.

I feel like we are building a beautiful mosaic of pictures and memories of moments from a very important day and we feel so grateful for all the participants that have helped us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment