Sunday, October 10, 2010

Wedding timeline

12 monthes prior- OH MY GOD! ENGAGED! WOOHOO!!! Now I have to read every single resource about weddings out there. SO EXCITED TO DO IT ALL!!!! YEAH!! Ooooh!! Let’s order Save the Dates (Hee hee, the acronym is STD)!!

11 and a half monthes to go- Dammit! Number of guests does NOT equal number of STDs (hee hee)… especially when you are inviting families/couples/etc. Wedding Industry-1; Ariel-0.

11 monthes- Huh… OK, so there is a lot out there…maybe I won’t read all of it, just some of it… Sigh, my ring is so pretty. I can’t believe I didn’t want one of these. Just look at the sunlight sparkle off of it… Shit, I just missed my bus stop.

10 monthes- Wow, Let’s do everything DIY!!!! That way it will be a true reflection of our uniqueness, with our personal stamp on EVERYTHING.

9 monthes- So…the thing about DIY is that you have to, you know, do it yourself, and I am getting tired just thinking about it…OK let’s rethink this. Also, I can’t say I relate to all of this bride websites- where is the funky bride stuff?

8 monthes- Dear www.offbeatbride.com, You are my salvation. I now feel like I have found a bridal community I can be a part of. Thank you so much for existing. Now I can share my nontraditional brown dress and wedding ways with the world!

7 monthes to go- Nursing school? What nursing school? Wait wait wait, you mean I have to balance wedding procrastination… I mean planning with not failing out of school?! Interesting and funny theory.

6 monthes-
Survive semester- check.
Big stuff for wedding (Venue, Catering, Officiant, Bartending Services, etc) booked- check.
Become an RN- check.
Thank fiancée for ongoing love, support and patience with insane, overworked, sleep deprived , nursing student as partner- double check.
Maintain sanity- check-ish, I’ll get back to you on that one.

5 monthes- Now that I can’t procrastinate with the planning, what’s the point?

4 monthes- GAH!! I’m having a breakout of traditionalweddingitis! I want a different wedding gown, something more…bridey! Who knew this was important!?

3 monthes- (Where wedding planning burnout/emotional awareness of life transition around wedding commences) Meh. I just want to be married already. So tired of the planning.

2 monthes- Huh. Wow. Look at all those little details that we need to figure out… I’d rather look at my ring. God bless delegation. Also, having one day a week that is wedding planning free? Genius! Thanks, Sis-in Law, for that little gem☺

6 weeks- Getting RSVP cards in the mail= getting mail so much more exciting!

5 weeks- Applying for our marriage license= the most fun I’ve had doing paper work. Ever.

4 weeks- I would love for all the last minute details to take care of themselves. And way to go on just realizing now that the wedding coordinator and caterer should probably be in touch.

3 weeks- (Where school starting up again puts the rest of life on the back burner) Suddenly getting married mid semester doesn’t seem like a good idea… Also, I am full on wed-sites, can’t look at the different ideas anymore.

9 days- (where wedding rings arrive) This is so cool! Do I really have to wait until the actual wedding to wear it? Let me try it on just one more time☺

7 days- I can’t wait!! SO close.

6 days- I’m so excited!

5 days- I’m so excited!

4 days- I’m so excited!

3 days- I'm really excited!!

2 days- I am so humbled by the love around me that I think my heart my explode from happiness☺

1 day- Why hello there new level of fatigue from hanging out with all the people I love...after waking up at 5 am just from being so excited!

10/10/10-
Had I had the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

W.B. Yeats

No comments:

Post a Comment