Friday, June 24, 2011

Ever evolving life

Lots of things are happening right now or feel like they are about to happen.

I am in the midst of studying for my NP certification exam and interviewing for NP jobs.

James is thriving creatively with his work process at the shop. We are, as a couple and team, relearning our joint rhythm now that I am done with school. Friends and family are going through their own life changes- babies are growing or soon to be arriving. Siblings are finding their paths in life. Some are in new relationships, or still glowing in not so new relationships.

There just seems to be a lot of life going on right now. It is equal parts awesome and daunting.

There is a Bulgarian proverb that says-
"If you wish to drown, do not torture yourself with shallow water."

My interpretation of this is that if you are going to put yourself out there and risk (fill in the blank), then really commit to it.

As I find myself in the deep water right now, I am aware of the risks I am taking and what is riding on the success of the next few steps in my life. But I also know that when I do succeed (and I will), swimming in deep water will have been so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment