Saturday, August 22, 2015

The hard and the wonderful

It is hilarious to me to realize that this is the first time on this blog I am talking about the newest member of our family.
It is particularly amusing to me to realize that I didn't chronicle the pregnancy at all on here, unlike G's pregnancy:)
But here we are, now a family of four.
Our son Caleb arrived just over a month ago, roaring as he entered the world. Fitting- he's a Cancer/Leo cusp.

It has not been an easy month. It has not been a bad one either.

Newborn land the first time around is hard- very jarring, seemingly endless and new.

Newborn land the second time around with another kiddo to track is hard too. The new level of exhaustion to survive and then helping the toddler navigate this momentous change on top of everything else can, on the bad days, bring you to your knees.

It's also amazing. Already I see profound similarities and differences between my two boys and it's delightful. Watching Gabe try to explain his toys to Caleb makes my heart hurt in the best way. I can't wait to see what it will be like when Caleb can actually interact with Gabe.

It's going to be a while before things feel more leveled out. But we will get there. In the meantime, we will continue to live in the moment, day by day, nap, laugh, cry, eat chocolate, drink wine and take care of each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment