Friday, March 13, 2020

Corona Quarantine: Day 1- Stay home to stay healthy.

In the midst of a busy day at the clinic yesterday, I found out what I had been dreading/expecting- that G's school was closing. For at least a week. Likely longer.
I let my supervisor know and made it through the rest of the day with half a brain at work and half a brain freaking out about the state of things.

The kids were excited last night when I told them about the 'many home days' they were getting.
They heard about 'Corona' but didn't know what it was.
We talked about needing to not be around a lot of people to help everyone stay healthy.

This morning we ran errands.
First we went to the supermarket. As expected it was full and empty at the same time. People were commiserating in the aisles about how crazy this all was.
The lines at the registers were long and crowded. I ended up in line behind another mother with young ones. We engaged in light chatting while my two sat on the floor with their new magazines and waited. The mother commented that this would be an ideal time for someone to kidnap a child. I didn't know what to say and was grateful my kids didn't hear her say that. I made sure both her kiddos and mine were nearby as we made it through the line. She thanked me for my help.

Tonight we found out that Boston schools will be closing till the end of April.
I have no idea what this is going to look like moving forward and that really scares me.

2 comments:

  1. You are an awesome mother and an awesome person, Ariel. Seriously. Sending love and lots of fun activities to you and the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete