Saturday, March 14, 2020

Corona Quarantine: Day 2- Waves.

I've been reading more and more about the need for social isolation.
As a med provider, I totally get it (but also fear most people won't take it seriously and wonder if it actually work).
As an extrovert, I'm freaking out (but also am going to try to find other ways to stay connected. Like restarting this blog).
As a parent, I'm on edge and worried about my kids' friendships and learning (but also know they will be OK).

We did regular Saturday stuff today- took trash to the dump, played, did art projects, watched some TV. We face timed with some friends (no playdates for the foreseeable future).

In the background, all day, there was the hum of my anxiety. Mostly it was soft and manageable. But then it would rise and rush over me, like an acidic wave. And then I would start reading more about the state of this pandemic and, well, that didn't help.

Self care is going to be vital these next few days/weeks/please not months.
This will mean connecting with people that support and care and empower.
It will mean being very mindful of social media and news consumption.
It will mean keeping the kids days as steady as we can. A guided schedule that is not too loose or too rigid.

A parenting post about this said that our kids won't remember the virus, but the days at home and our presence in them.
Holding space for them and myself (and my patients) is a lot to hold.

Lot of waves of emotion today, with very few answers. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment