Friday, March 20, 2020

Corona Quarantine: Day 8- Sunshine.

I was back at work today.
It was a top heavy day- very quiet for the majority of the day, then very busy at the end of the day. 
Even in a pandemic, the Friday afternoon rush is still real.

I have had many check ins through the week- calls, texts, smiles, virtual hugs. It's been great.

There have been so many jokes online about introverts preparing for the staying home part of this pandemic. 
I have to say it has not been easy for extroverts... or at least this extrovert.
I was trying to explain it to somebody this week.
Other people are my sunshine. I bask in their energy and thrive on interaction.
That has been a big part of my love of my job- hanging out with humans:)

Every communication from friends, family and framily has been incredible for my soul.

In many ways, this pandemic has thrown us all into a sieve and is shaking us to our cores. What is left is our humanity, in all its forms. The beautiful, the frightening, the real. 
I can only hope the connections that are feeling stronger now continue beyond this terrifying time.

There is no 'back to normal' after this.
There will be a new normal that we all have to create together.
After the current storm.
One day at time.

No comments:

Post a Comment