Sunday, March 22, 2020

Corona Quarantine: Days 9 and 10- Breathe.

I just texted some friends the following question-
"Anyone else's Sunday feeling like their about three minutes from a nervous breakdown?"

James went to our local Trader Joe's this morning and was met with new criteria- 2 max per item per person, limited number of people in the store at a time.

He came home and told me about this and I could feel the panic creeping up my throat.

Every day. Every component of every day is being impacted by this.

And the data changes every day.

And my kids are frustrated and want to be at school and see their friends.

And the news is getting worse.

And people are not staying home as they need to.

And there is epically poor leadership in areas where we need it so desperately.

And my job has shifted in how I can can help people and I feel deeply inadequate.

And I have to remember to breathe.

One of the friends I texted called me and we talked it out a bit.
Sometimes just stating the obvious together , while it can't change it, makes it a little easier to breathe.


No comments:

Post a Comment