Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Corona Quarantine: Days 11 and 12- Technology.

In the space of almost 2 weeks the need for contact beyond what we were using changed drastically.
In my job, this has shifted to telemedicine.

At home, my kids now main access point to schooling info and social contexts are all online.

My kids went from minimal screen time to having their own iPads and multiple playdates on video messengers and activities from their teachers online.

I am trying hard to not get overwhelmed, but it already feels hard to keep up.

As parents who were easing into screen/tablet time with our kids, it feels like we just jumped in the deep end of the learning and experience curve pool.

I don't want to deprive my kids of these needed connections, or skills, it's just hard that it came on so abruptly.

And yes, I do realize the privileged components of this post. Within the context of this incredibly hard experience, we are all being pushed out of spaces we were not expecting to. In the long one, this one will likely be less of an issue than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment