Monday, May 11, 2020

Corona Quarantine: Day 60- Trees.

60 days of quarantine.
So far.
I asked my kids what has stood out to them in the last two months.
7 year old has loved all the new books- he is reading SO MUCH.
Almost 5 year old has enjoyed the snuggling, and the new shows.
What has stood out to me are the trees and all the birds and animals I've seen around our house.

"If you're breathing, it means you are alive."
On this morning's work meeting call, a colleague led us through a meditation, and at one point said the above.
It grounded me, which I needed.

There's a blend quality to the last 60 days, it's hard to feel centered.
All the known routines are gone.
"Schooling" is loose and more organic than it's ever been. There are pros and cons to that.
I wonder how they will reengage with school when it is back in session.
I wonder when that will be.
I hope it will be this fall.
I hope we don't have more than another 60 days of this.

I hope for a lot of things.
I have questions about a lot of things.

But I'm still breathing.
And for that I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment