Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello 32, you sexy thing, you.

I had a great birthday weekend. I got exactly what I wanted- time with family that I haven't seen in a while... since the wedding actually! It was lovely to have a MUCH QUIETER gathering. Before we came home, James and I had some time just the two of us. We ended up at the Barnes and Noble on the waterfront, and sat on a balcony right above the letters for the sign. It was a beautiful sunny day. (If you are ever in the area, I recommend checking out the building-it's amazing inside and out.)


The week before the trip was very busy and I didn't make the time to really reflect or think about the next year. The week since hasn't been that easy going either but I did get some quality quiet brain time in. I made this album, reflecting my 31st year. It was fun trying to compile pictures that represented the last year but challenging to not put in a TON of wedding pics:)

As for my resolutions/reflections...

Every night, James and I do a check in. We each finish the following four sentences-
I am grateful...
I aspire...
I have...
I will have...

It's a lovely routine that we started soon after the wedding (dare I say a tradition, even after only 5 months?), and I love that is become a part of our daily lives. It is very grounding. I decided to use the same model for this.

I am grateful...
- For my family and friends- the road to where I am now would look very different without them.
- For my health.
- For James.
- That school is almost over- I am (almost) ready for the next part.

I aspire...
- To continue to learn, be humbled and rewarded in my chosen career path.
- To start our family in the next year.
- To make more time for meditation.
- To work out more regularly and to continue to improve my eating habits.

I have...
- A good home.
- A lot to do before I can graduate, and the faith that I will get it all done on time.
- The feeling that 32 is going to ROCK.
- a lot of movies to catch up on- darn you, nursing school!

I will have...
- A LOT of FUN celebrating with my friends when we all graduate. Aw yeah.
- A job. I will. Yup.
- More free time on the weekends once I graduate and I can't wait.
- A honeymoon this summer. To say that I am really really really looking forward to it would be an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment