Thursday, April 2, 2020

Corona Quarantine: Days 20 and 21- Adjust, again.

I had this notion of this post being a 'behold what is working for us!' post when it came to the kids at home, and I will share that, another time. But today led to some dreaded changes that have led me (and my fam) to adjust again.
James and his team have been furloughed- so, essentially, laid off with their jobs waiting until things calm down. They will be eligible for unemployment but this was still a sad blow.

I was processing with a friend after I found out and was venting about an aspect of this pandemic that is hard for me to hold onto.
It just keeps coming, the changes related to it. A most depressing domino chain, just slowly and surely knocking its way through our lives. It didn't all happen at once. It's been slowing chipping away at our lives, all while infusing us with fear of a serious illness.

I got home tonight and after the kids went to bed, sat at the dining room table and cried.
I remembered seeing my Dad cry at our dining room table during the gulf war, right as things were ramping up.
As things get more and more intense, in slow rushes that knock us down piece by piece, I can only hope that someday, when things start to improve, the elevations are the reverse- bringing us lighter and lighter moments until we can breathe easier again.

No comments:

Post a Comment